Welcome to Our Website
Welcome to Girls Inc. of Durham® where girls are inspired to be strong, smart, and bold!SM
Today, girls continue to encounter significant obstacles to their well-being and success, particularly around body image, teen pregnancy, and preventing violence. Too often girls are overlooked and undervalued by the outside world. Yet, with Girls Inc. in their corner, girls boldly exclaim they are strong, prepared for post-secondary education, healthy, and excited to take charge of their futures.
Every day, across Durham Region, Girls Inc. is providing real solutions to the unique issues girls face. At Girls Inc., girls are in a safe, girls-only environment where professionally trained women help them build life skills and they are part of a network of peers who share their drive and aspirations. With this critical support, girls seize opportunities and thrive.
Our programs give each girl the tools and confidence she needs to succeed at school; to have a healthy and physically active lifestyle; to manage money; to think critically about messages in the media; and to discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math. At Girls Inc. girls are celebrated for their strengths. They learn to be healthy, self-sufficient, and resilient.
|MARCH BREAK Camp|
|Mother Daughter Workshops|
|Beacon Street Girls|
A girl who joins Girls Inc. will:
- Try new things, take risks, and enjoy new challenges
- Discover interests and abilities she never knew were possible
- Feel good about herself and her body
- Learn how to communicate so she is heard and taken seriously
- Know how to make good, informed decisions
- Become more confident at home, at school, and in the community
- Build healthy relationships & meaningful, supportive friendships
- Set goals and work hard to succeed
- See herself as a leader and change maker!
Empowered girls living in an equitable society
Girls Inc. empowers girls to believe in themselves and reach their full potential. We inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and boldSM through advocacy, education, and programs.