Welcome to Our Website
Welcome to Girls Inc. of Durham® where girls are inspired to be
strong, smart, and bold!SM
Girls Inc. offers a positive and nurturing environment for girls aged 6 to 18 where each girl can take risks, make mistakes, ask questions, get messy, and just be herself.
Our programs give each girl the tools and confidence she needs to succeed at school; to have a healthy and physically active lifestyle; to manage money; to think critically about messages in the media; and to discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math.
A girl who joins a Girls Inc. program will:
- Try new things, take risks, and enjoy new challenges
- Discover interests and abilities she never knew were possible
- Feel good about herself and her body
- Learn how to communicate so she is heard and taken seriously
- Know how to make good, informed decisions
- Become more confident at home, at school, and in the community
- Build healthy relationships & meaningful, supportive friendships
- Set goals and work hard to succeed
- See herself as a leader and change maker!
Empowered girls living in an equitable society
Girls Inc. empowers girls to believe in themselves and reach their full potential. We inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and boldSM through advocacy, education, and programs.