Allies In Action
The Allies in Action program, teaches girls how to positively navigate social situations and overcome relational aggression. Objectives for the program:
- Build stronger relationships and leadership skills
- Development of problem solving and conflict resolution skills (peer mediation and empowerment of bystanders).
- Reduced aggressive, hurtful, and violent behaviours
- Boost girls’ confidence and self-esteem
- Encourage girls to critically analyze where they receive messages about their beliefs and values. Address stereotypes.
- Engage girls as peer mentors of Allies in Action activities and discussions with younger girls in their school through mini-workshops
- Improved achievement and attendance in school of frequent “girl fighters”
For further information on how to bring Girls Inc. to your school contact:
Tracey McCannell, Director of Programming at 905 428-8111 ext 22